Robin Williams dead at 63

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.
According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Williams and Jonathan Winters were the two best improve comedians.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There's a reason that damaged individual appealed to so many posters here-anyone know why?

You're the one that's damaged. You have a weird compulsion to denigrate everything and just about everyone on this forum. Why are you here? Just to be a thorn in people's sides? Is that some big exciting thrill for you? What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Why don't you take your 'tude, and take a nice long walk on a really short pier.

Moron.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Just called my Mom, who was sad, but she was not surprised..

She refereed to him as a Modern Day Pagliacci, the clown who cried. On the outside a clown but inwardly tortured - laughing to hide the tears, like Pagliacci.

Take it from my family, they are all score over 145 + IQ, and they are all Liberals.. :(

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo.

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo. - YouTube

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'd heard recently that he might have started using again. What a loss. What a heart shock.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The Fisher King, a role that was brilliantly played.

The Fisher King was fantastic. Good Will Hunting....for a renowned funny man, he had a great deal of dramatic roles under his belt. Those who make us laugh so easily can also easily tear at our heart strings.

I feel so sad right now. :(

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Robin Williams helped ease the sadness I felt after George Carlin died............and he did it so well. Farewell Robin and thanks for the joy you brought to all of us.

Just called my Mom, who was sad, but she was not surprised..

She refereed to him as a Modern Day Pagliacci, the clown who cried. On the outside a clown but inwardly tortured - laughing to hide the tears, like Pagliacci.

Take it from my family, they are all score over 145 + IQ, and they are all Liberals.. :(

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo.

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo. - YouTube

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone," Williams himself tweeted once."

A quote from the MSN website reporting on the death.