Top 25 British Gangster Films

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
You can google this . I was bored to tears ,but due to the beauty of Kickass and pirate bay torrents, saved.

This was the first Academy Awards show we watched and saw every flick. All due to torrents.
So out of sheer survival for a reason to eat some air popped corn with loads of butter and salt , a coke to wash it down I turned to trusty Google.

Came up with this site and worked my way through all of them.
25 Best British Crime and Gangster Films

Sexy Beast and The Long Good Friday will not disappoint.
And the real gems were for me Layer Cake and you have to watch Gangster No.1

The Krays is in a league of it's own and based on true events. Unbelievable.

London to Brighton is very disturbing if you have a hatred for under age sex workers. I was more than annoyed and it caused an actual deep depression in me for reasons I won't go into.

Torrents is easy and fun and pretty much safe right now in Canada, even though the present Government is trying to crack down.
I recall Chretien's simple comments on downloading music. "It's fun!"

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Check out Michael Caine in "Harry Brown"..........damn good.

Still in the Brit vein, there's Clockwork Orange.

Actually check out Michael Caine in anything. He's a super actor.. Harry Brown's gotta be one of his best. Whadyathink?

Oh yah, "In Bruse" (sp.).............'s on netflix

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Check out Michael Caine in "Harry Brown"..........damn good.

Actually check out Michael Caine in anything. He's a super actor.. Harry Brown's gotta be one of his best. Whadyathink?

Oh yah, "In Bruse" (sp.).............'s on netflix
Thanks Nuggler :)
As I said I is totally jaded on movies, seen them all.
It might sound like fun ,having a lot of time on one's hands, but being around longer than most kids here you need to find other means of entertainment. HA!
I like to watch things!

I will most definitely watch Harry Brown this week and get back to you on it.
I think I recall it. I love Michael Caine and try to catch all his stuff. It might be so long ago that I could re enjoy it. lol Another good thing about being around longer than most . HA
i wikipedied the thing and bookmarked it to remind me to download it.

Are any of these movies available to you on netflix?
They really are quite good and totally different than the Hollywood genre.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

THAT was a great one!

When I was a teen I used to quote Alex often!

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
THAT was a great one!

When I was a teen I used to quote Alex often!

I read the book as well.

In the book they were all 15 or younger .Which gave you more of a shock at the time. Today, a 15 year old gangster is already jaded as hell.
It played far more into the concept of controlling your mind to thwart crime and the politics behind such a thing.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I read the book as well.

In the book they were all 15 or younger .Which gave you more of a shock at the time. Today, a 15 year old gangster is already jaded as hell.
It played far more into the concept of controlling your mind to thwart crime and the politics behind such a thing.

I read the book as well and was surprised that the characters were so young as opposed to the movie characters in their 20's.

"Well well well... if it isn't Billy Goat Billy Boy in poison... come and get one in the yarbles, that's if ya' have any yarbles."

"Let's get em' boys"

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I read the book as well and was surprised that the characters were so young as opposed to the movie characters in their 20's.

"Well well well... if it isn't Billy Goat Billy Boy in poison... come and get one in the yarbles, that's if ya' have any yarbles."

"Let's get em' boys"

Ya cheap bottle of fish oil...

Wish i kept the book, passed it on to some fleeting fling.
At the back was the glossary .
Very interesting and was amused to see that more than a few were Russian words. Ole Bog in his heaven