Anyone Following "The Following"?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The Following (TV Series 2013– ) - IMDb

I watched the first season last year after downloading it and it was phenomenal. I could not watch this on regular television, they have like a mini cliffhanger/shocking reveal almost each episode, lol, it would drive me nuts! I need to watch this back to back. That's probably one of the reasons why I was waiting to watch season two until I was able to download it but the kids have gotten into it, so after re-watching some of the first season with them I'm on to season two! The first season was a rather wild ride and so far the second one is putting the first one to shame. Crime mystery drama meets serial killer thriller meets cult, it's bizarre but freaking fantastic, lol.

Plus only the one degree of Kevin Bacon too.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I got into it from day one.
I did not like it and found it quite predictable.
I have watched all of it though, sort of hooked.
Even though I almost hate the thing. no i do hate the thing!

I was really hoping it was only a one season show.
Unfortunately not ,and I have had to watch this dreadful show .
I realize how inane that makes me look.
One second, I need to go and see if I turned off the stove.

Now how about the Black List. Now there is a show thats totally unpredictable and addicting .

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I got into it from day one.
I did not like it and found it quite predictable.
I have watched all of it though, sort of hooked.
Even though I almost hate the thing. no i do hate the thing!

I was really hoping it was only a one season show.
Unfortunately not ,and I have had to watch this dreadful show .
I realize how inane that makes me look.
One second, I need to go and see if I turned off the stove.

So you don't really enjoy this show, and in fact you may hate it, but for some reason you're compelled to keep watching it. I get it, that's sort of the way I feel about the Paranormal Activity sequels, each one gets progressively worse (comparatively) yet I still watch because I have to know what happens next! 8O

Now how about the Black List. Now there is a show thats totally unpredictable and addicting .
It's on my to-do list. I am somewhat rather spoiled in that I have a difficult time watching regular television programming. Waiting an entire week between episodes is sometimes unbearable! And don't even get me started on the "mid-seaon hiatus"! Lol. I prefer to wait until the season is done or almost done and then watch them back to back. Not all in one sitting of course.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
hm I think I started it but then I was watching so much and so many that I got confused about it all...thanks for the reminder...I'll check in with ya on this after the long weekend that should give me time...15 episodes per season and I can't remember where I left off so will have to start at the beginning

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
hm I think I started it but then I was watching so much and so many that I got confused about it all...thanks for the reminder...I'll check in with ya on this after the long weekend that should give me time...15 episodes per season and I can't remember where I left off so will have to start at the beginning

I'll be expecting an "OMFG, I can't believe it!" PM shortly thereafter. LOL.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'll be expecting an "OMFG, I can't believe it!" PM shortly thereafter. LOL.
wait for it... :tongue3:

And were you watching True Detective...I can't remember?

We just finished it off today...I could barely breathe throughout Episode 8.

It is one of the BEST I've seen in a while.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Also on my 'catch up' list, lol. I saw the first few episodes though.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Also on my 'catch up' list, lol. I saw the first few episodes though.
It's an omfg too...I predict...you are going to love it...I hope you are tracking everything we are supposed to be watching because I get lost in some of them and then forget about others after the season is over... There have been some great shows on...well...not that most people would like but yeah...so keep reminding me.

I have to catch up on Vikings...they are well into season 2 now.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I watched a couple of episodes and found the storyline very weak and a bit too made for television. I like KB, but I felt like I was watching NYPD Blue with a sprinkling of Hannibal Lector (not the series). Too bad, I wanted to like it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I watched a couple of episodes and found the storyline very weak and a bit too made for television. I like KB, but I felt like I was watching NYPD Blue with a sprinkling of Hannibal Lector (not the series). Too bad, I wanted to like it.
Have you tried Real Detective yet?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Have you tried Real Detective yet?

No, but I put my wife onto it. I've been busy with the writing. Since finishing the first draft of my second book, I started in on the third novel which is a straight up thriller with serial killers.

It's tough with all these great shows, but they can be very distracting.

I am watching Masters of Sex and Dusk til Dawn though.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No, but I put my wife onto it. I've been busy with the writing. Since finishing the first draft of my second book, I started in on the third novel which is a straight up thriller with serial killers. It's tough with all these great shows, but they can be very distracting. I am watching Masters of Sex and Dusk til Dawn though.
wow good for you... congrats on the books

hope your wife likes it...I find it to be an exceptionally well written character driven thriller...I've heard next season will be two women detectives...

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
wow good for you... congrats on the books

hope your wife likes it...I find it to be an exceptionally well written character driven thriller...I've heard next season will be two women detectives...

Yeah, I've heard its good. Too bad they're going to screw that up by featuring women detectives..

Sal. Has the red cleared yet. It's okay, I'm JK.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah, I've heard its good. Too bad they're going to screw that up by featuring women detectives..

Sal. Has the red cleared yet. It's okay, I'm JK.
lmao...:tongue3:

I will miss those two characters they were the best...I loved them I wish it had been more than 8 episodes

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
hm I do not know this show Dust til Dawn or Masters of Sex

now I will have to check these out...I've gone from not having the tv on to having it on frequently

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Masters of Sex is really good. It follows the story of Dr. Bill Masters and his assistant Virginia Johnson as they conducted a lifelong study of sexuality that started in the mid sixties and dispensed many sexual myths. The show is funny, sometimes sad and definitely not safe for kids. Leads Martin Sheen and Lizzy Caplan shine in their roles as Masters and Johnson.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014

This actually was a total enjoyment and surprise.
It is jaw dropping keep you on the edge and guessing .

The best acting I have seen in a detective show for a long time.

so real and true to life.

So you don't really enjoy this show, and in fact you may hate it, but for some reason you're compelled to keep watching it. I get it, that's sort of the way I feel about the Paranormal Activity sequels, each one gets progressively worse (comparatively) yet I still watch because I have to know what happens next! 8O

I know it sounds crazeeeee but what are you going to do.

ROFLMAO! at your wording of this .

I have a difficult time watching regular television programming. Waiting an entire week between episodes is sometimes unbearable!

LOL!!!

And don't even get me started on the "mid-seaon hiatus"! Lol. I prefer to wait until the season is done or almost done and then watch them back to back. Not all in one sitting of course.

You are killing me!!!!
ROFLMFA