Walking Dead Returns...tomorrow...yay!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Who is into it?

For those who are...

It’s sad watching people die on The Walking Dead. But when some characters die off, new ones emerge and take their place. So while we mourn the most recent loss of Hershel, we can at least look forward to the appearance of three familiar faces from the comic book on which the show is based. (Faces like Abraham, as played by Michael Cudlitz — see photo above.)

We chatted with Walking Dead exec producer Robert Kirkman to get the scoop on the newbies as well as everything else we need to know heading into the last eight episodes of season 4, which kick off this Sunday on AMC. (Click through both pages to read the entire interview. And also make sure to check out our midseason preview Q&As with Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira, and Andrew Lincoln.)

'The Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman gives intel on new characters | Inside TV | EW.com

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Some update leaks as they begin to arrive in Georgia for the shooting of Season 5.

Season 5 of The Walking Dead has picked up another member of The Wire cast. Seth Gilliam has joined the cast as "Michael Todd". But as ScreenCrush points out, that's likely a cover name for Gabriel.
I expected we'd see Father Gabriel before the end of season 4, due to the story line of the show neatly slotting into 'that' period of the comic book. When Beth disappeared in the funeral home's ambulance I was convinced the driver was Gabriel. Perhaps we have our season 5 cold open right there, Gabriel and Beth on the road together? Maybe that's the spin off show? Well as much as I like the sound of that Emily Kinney isn't rejoining the cast in Atlanta just yet.
Emily Kinney Word has it Steven Yuen and Andrew Lincoln were out playing golf together in Georgia as the cast reconvene ahead of the first day of shooting. But Miss Kinney has some obligations with regards to her music career. I'm pretty convinced some season four material has been shot already, perhaps Miss Kinney has a jump start on her arc? We will find out in October.

The Walking Dead Season 5 with Father Gabriel? | moviepilot.com

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is it still going to be true this season that 'Zombies do not like ---Fast food'? Just once I want to see one do a 'kick-up' or a 'thief-vault through a window, trip on a shoelace that is improperly tied. Real stuff like that.

They should do it so a FEMA camp is like a big rescue thing and the CDC comes up with a cure and the using them as slave labor was already shown so no going back. Be creative with the 'many zombies' by dangling a 'prey' off the end of a broken bridge and it would be like a conveyor belt, much more efficient that offing each and every one as they cross some (forbidden) line.
If they are coming for you why not just go to where they just came from?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
love the walking dead...

waited til there were several seasons on netflix and did the marathon thing...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I love doing marathons... I am currently marathoning an oldie, Dead Like Me. It's only two seasons.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.S. military has plan to deal with zombies for training purposes: Report
QMI Agency
First posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 09:26 AM EDT
The U.S. military has a plan to help Americans survive a possible zombie apocalypse, a new report says.
The plan includes how to contain the threat of chicken zombies, vegetarian zombies (not a threat to humans) and "evil magic zombies," Foreign Policy magazine reports.
Chicken zombies are the "only proven class of zombie that actually exists," it reads. They are old hens that have not been properly euthanized and they climb out of compost piles or graves.
The unclassified document, called CONOP 8888 or Counter-Zombie Dominance, is dated April 30, 2011.
"This plan fulfills fictional contingency planning guidance tasking for U.S. Strategic Command to develop a comprehensive (plan) to undertake military operations to preserve 'non-zombie' humans from the threats posed by a zombie horde," the document's summary says.
A disclaimer notes, "This plan was not actually designed as a joke."
Strategic Company spokeswoman, Capt. Pamela Kunze, told the magazine the document exists, but is only used for training purposes.
U.S. military has plan to deal with zombies for training purposes: Report | Weir

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Still a few months away but......

'Walking Dead' plot to ramp up quickly in Season 5, creator says

he Canadian Press
Published Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:58AM EDT
The return of "The Walking Dead" is just a few months away and creator Robert Kirkman is beginning to drop some hints about what fans can expect in season 5.
The plot will quickly rev up in the first episode, which airs on Oct. 29, says Kirkman.
"We really hit the ground running. What I mean by that is that we very quickly deal with the situation that we left them in -- this trapped, victim situation where they're kind of at the mercy of the people of Terminus," Kirkman tells Entertainment Weekly, and adds that there are big surprises coming.

"There's a lot of big revelations that haven't really come out that I think people are gonna be pretty startled by. There's a couple other revelations that I think people might've gotten a little bit of a lead on. We'll definitely be defining those in some cool ways and confirming some theories and shooting down others, which is very exciting."
He also says protagonist Rick Grimes will start to mirror the grittier comic book version of the character that inspired the hit TV series.
"I know everyone's been asking, 'When's that guy coming? When are we gonna see that guy?' I can say with confidence that he's here, and Andrew Lincoln is having, I think, a great time with it."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
:wav:

omgosh thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks, hadn't seen this yet...

I want it back BUT it's so hard to take...it's an edge of the seat sitter 99% of the time...a bad episode of Walking Dead and that has been maybe 2 for me that I recall over all the seasons...a bad one is a 100X better than your average TV...

will check through this...so exciting...

I know, I know...don't go bananas over a TV show...I know...

*goes bananas anyway*

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
:wav:

omgosh thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks, hadn't seen this yet...

I want it back BUT it's so hard to take...it's an edge of the seat sitter 99% of the time...a bad episode of Walking Dead and that has been maybe 2 for me that I recall over all the seasons...a bad one is a 100X better than your average TV...

will check through this...so exciting...

I know, I know...don't go bananas over a TV show...I know...

*goes bananas anyway*

Here's a zombie banana

Go nuts! :D

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I felt at home there on the sight, I have a powerful profound desire to write them a letter. Since I have recently been dead for several years at least, it's hard to keep track of time when yoiur dwead. It'sa time we had a voice

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I felt at home there on the sight, I have a powerful profound desire to write them a letter. Since I have recently been dead for several years at least, it's hard to keep track of time when yoiur dwead. It'sa time we had a voice
dig yerself up and knock yerself out :lol: