Why are Canadian TV Channels excited about Superbowl Commercials?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Saturday I couldn't help but notice CTV on Saturday was interviewing someone about SB Commercials and both people were very excited.

Today it's the CBC's turn.

My understanding is these commercials aren't shown in Canada so I'm left wondering why the excitement for something Canadians, if they watch the SB, don't get to see......?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
well, the companies that run ads during the SB go all out producing the best they can. So this anti-fan of football will keep checking youtube for the Reader's Digest version (IOW, vidclips of the ads without the claptrap that went on between the ads). :D

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
At least we got to see the awesome Canadian Tire commercials, right? You know, the same ones pretty much every ad break?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
At least we got to see the awesome Canadian Tire commercials, right? You know, the same ones pretty much every ad break?

And that's my point.

I see these Canadian news shows and they are all giddy talking to some 'TV Critic' (who is equally as giddy) about the cost of the commercials and how 'breathtaking' they are yet the Canadian feed 'blacks out' those ads and Canadians get Crappy Tire and Tim Hortons.

I guess they realize that most people can watch them on the computer after if one is so inclined............

aiza55

Time Out
May 5, 2014
The Super Bowl commercials are the best commercials year-round. I wish the Bud Bowl would be back.
I won't be on Y!A, I have guests for my Super Bowl party so I can't be on Y!A.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'twas a known spammer playing the ol' introductory obtuse chit-chat game.