Netflix any good?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The wife was wondering if Netflix would make a good Christmas present to the family.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The US version is still much better than the Canadian one although the Canadian one is getting better. There are a wide variety of movies (many are the straight to DVD kind but also a number of big budget films too) and the tv shows on there and they seem to be getting more up to date material. Some shows that are still being televised for example, they have all the previous seasons available.

Not a bad deal for under $10 a month in my opinion.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If you have a good internet provider with a huge cap, its ok. We tried it and had to cancel after 2 weeks as we had blown our download limit. But we have Rogers and a 60Gb cap.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If you have a good internet provider with a huge cap, its ok. We tried it and had to cancel after 2 weeks as we had blown our download limit. But we have Rogers and a 60Gb cap.

Because of the services and package I have I was able to get unlimited internet for $10 a month. The Netflix is actually my daughter's account (she lives with me) so she pays for that. My cost is about the same as if I got Netflix on my own.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have it. I dumped cable a few years ago. SLM is right, it has gotten much better and if you like Tv shows there are some great options there. I am actually watching THE SHIELD which I didn't have time to catch when it was on.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The wife was wondering if Netflix would make a good Christmas present to the family.

We still have consumer complaints about NetFlix re excessive or duplicate billing: a person may cancel their account but NF will still send movies or bill them a second or third time for rental even though the account was closed. We don't have as many complaints about NF as there used to be but some complaints still exist. At least they do locally so proceed with caution.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
does anybody know if bell and rogers have their own form of a Netflix type service?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
does anybody know if bell and rogers have their own form of a Netflix type service?
Rogers has Gougeflix...you turn to channel 100 and they gouge you around $5.99 to rent a movie for 48 hours. you can even watch it as many times as ya want...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Rogers has Gougeflix...you turn to channel 100 and they gouge you around $5.99 to rent a movie for 48 hours. you can even watch it as many times as ya want...

LOL. To be fair though, it did pretty much cost the same to go out and rent a DVD.

Which you can't do anymore anyway since they pretty much all closed down.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
LOL. To be fair though, it did pretty much cost the same to go out and rent a DVD.

Which you can't do anymore anyway since they pretty much all closed down.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey little me tell ya about this little gem I just found recently
Rent Movies Online - DVDs, Blu-Ray™ & Games | Movie Rentals at Redbox

a $1.50 day plus tax...for real... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome

check it out at your Zehrs store...if I rent it here and come to your place to watch it we can drop it anywhere there's a Redbox...they are spreading like, well...red hot wild fire

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey little me tell ya about this little gem I just found recently

check it out at your Zehrs store...if I rent it here and come to your place to watch it we can drop it anywhere there's a Redbox...they are spreading like, well...red hot wild fire

Cool. You can rent online as well from iTunes and probably a few other places. Need to watch on your computer unless you have a device that let's you access your computer content and watch on the television.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Cool. You can rent online as well from iTunes and probably a few other places. Need to watch on your computer unless you have a device that let's you access your computer content and watch on the television.
wow, cool thanks.... I do

I also have an x-box so netflix would also work for me but I have trouble sometimes sitting through stuff now...if I have a hard copy I seem better off... it's weird I know but...yeah

I wouldn't use netflix enough... I have never hooked anything through my x-box though... I am getting to that point ya know...I just want simplicity...lol...pop the movie in and press play...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
wow, cool thanks.... I do

I also have an x-box so netflix would also work for me but I have trouble sometimes sitting through stuff now...if I have a hard copy I seem better off... it's weird I know but...yeah

I wouldn't use netflix enough... I have never hooked anything through my x-box though... I am getting to that point ya know...I just want simplicity...lol...pop the movie in and press play...

I don't think you would hook it through your x-box, I think your x-box has online access and it should have a menu you can access for entertainment downloads. I've never used one because I have Apple TV but I think that's how all the gaming systems work.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't think you would hook it through your x-box, I think your x-box has online access and it should have a menu you can access for entertainment downloads. I've never used one because I have Apple TV but I think that's how all the gaming systems work.
yeah, I haven't a clue how these things work now...if I put my mind to it I could figure it out but that takes work

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Canadian Content Forums -

I have that program on my tablet now, and when I get home next week, I'll put it on my wife's pc.....it has an HDMI outlet an since this program has a good movie selection.........and it's free...........

Canadian Content Forums -

I have that program on my tablet now, and when I get home next week, I'll put it on my wife's pc.....it has an HDMI outlet an since this program has a good movie selection.........and it's free...........
You can connect toyour tv.....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Also boxes in most WalMarts. I have a coupon. Will have to try. I think those are the only places which you can actually rent a DVD now.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Also boxes in most WalMarts. I have a coupon. Will have to try. I think those are the only places which you can actually rent a DVD now.
yeah check it out ski, it's pretty good and has some good movies...I was nicely surprised