A&E shoots itself in the foot

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Which is where the rest of that show should go.
If it is the network's highest rated show and one of the most popular shows in the country and if it makes more money for your network than all your other shows combined you're shooting yourself n your foot.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yep. The politically squeamish cut off the bill to spite it's face.

Fuk A&E anyway though. I don't watch their rubbish.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
These reality shows have a short life span because people have a short attention span.......this group of red neck millionaires have marketed them selves extremely good to take advantage of that.........who knows this rant may INCREASES their ratings........nothing would surprise me

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Haven't watched it. Just another in the crop of useless 'reality' tv shows.

I am sure A&E can replace it with another re-run of CSI:Miami.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I sincerely hope the entire family refuses to participate any longer.

If you read the article, he said nothing hateful, or even close.

Haven't watched it. Just another in the crop of useless 'reality' tv shows.

I am sure A&E can replace it with another re-run of CSI:Miami.

It is.

The difference is there is no dirt to dig up, nothing untoward going on, no real personal conflict or voyeurism of the nasty kind.....just fun and giggles.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
During a discussion about repentance and God, Robertson is asked what he finds sinful.
"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there," he says. "Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."
He goes on to paraphrase Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

If this is the entire and only statement made, then in my opinion he did come close to comparing homosexuality with bestiality as the article title suggests. He's identifying the above mentioned as "sinful" behaviour but he no more compared the two than he compared bestiality with 'sleeping around'.

He's entitled to his view. It's not one I happen to agree with but unless someone can point out real harm he's doing I'd regard him as harmless. Saying you think a behaviour is a sin is not spreading hate, it's stating an opinion.

Westboro Baptist spews more hateful garbage than this.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
GLAAD went off the deep end- perhaps they should stay there and contemplate vile and hateful.
From the article
Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors, who now need to re-examine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

From the article
Robertson released his own statement in response to the flap early Wednesday: "I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Personally I could careless about any of this scripted faux reality crap. It is one of the reasons I pulled the plug on cable two years ago and went completely online. I used to like A&E and History Television until they sold out to this kind of garbage. As to the outrage: These actors are supposed to be rednecks for cripe sake. I have yet to see any real rednecks marching in a Gay Pride Parade.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know a couple of redneck gays . They parade around everyday. Great mechanics that build and race stock cars.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I know a couple of redneck gays . They parade around everyday. Great mechanics that build and race stock cars.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I hope the family will boycott the show the reason the stupid program will
be gone. The fact that its the top rated show is not a good sign it shows
just how dumbed down our society is. As for his remarks the boys might
be rednecks but the venue they use to get on the air is not.
Perhaps we will get some programming that is worth watching.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I hope the family will boycott the show the reason the stupid program will
be gone. The fact that its the top rated show is not a good sign it shows
just how dumbed down our society is. As for his remarks the boys might
be rednecks but the venue they use to get on the air is not.
Perhaps we will get some programming that is worth watching.

Or perhaps another garbage reality show that has nothing to do with reality.