The Twilight of Jay Leno

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Why would NBC replace him when he's still so dominant?

“HERE’S A fascinating story,” the longtime host of NBC’s Tonight Show With Jay Leno told his audience last week, mentioning a recent Iowa Supreme Court ruling “that a dentist could legally fire his female assistant because he found her too sexy, too attractive, and a threat to his marriage. She didn’t do anything. She’s just good-looking.” The payoff: “Hey, I’ll bet that’s what happened to me here at NBC!”

more

Jay Leno’s at the Top of his Game, so Why Is NBC Replacing Him? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Funny stuff. Never found Leno to be all that funny, to be honest. I liked "Headlines" and some of his guests, but Leno needed better joke writers, IMO. Mind you, I have no use at all for Letterman or O'Brien. Kimmel and Stewart are occasionally funny. By the looks of it, NBC will have a long road to follow to find someone as funny as Carson.
At this point, though, it's all kind of irrelevant here as we only get the Knowledge Network on our tv. A couple good English mysteries a week and we're fine. :)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
In a way, isn't it karma coming Leno's way for the way that he shafted Conan O'Brien out of the Tonight Show slot?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Funny stuff. Never found Leno to be all that funny, to be honest. I liked "Headlines" and some of his guests, but Leno needed better joke writers, IMO. Mind you, I have no use at all for Letterman or O'Brien. Kimmel and Stewart are occasionally funny. By the looks of it, NBC will have a long road to follow to find someone as funny as Carson.
At this point, though, it's all kind of irrelevant here as we only get the Knowledge Network on our tv. A couple good English mysteries a week and we're fine. :)

Watched a new - for us anyway - British mystery last week - Inspector George Gently - looks like a winner. Still a big fan of Midsummer Murders, Inspector Lewis, Poirot, Dalziel and Pascoe.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Watched a new - for us anyway - British mystery last week - Inspector George Gently - looks like a winner. Still a big fan of Midsummer Murders, Inspector Lewis, Poirot, Dalziel and Pascoe.
Yeah, Gently shows are pretty damned good. Actually we like almost all of the ones we've found, and there's quite a list of them: The Website of Timothy J. Barron
Lewis is a takeoff from Morse which was also very good. John Thaw died, though, so his trusty sidekick, Sgt. Lewis, took over. Sad bit there. Also, Midsomer Murder investigations are conducted by John Barnaby now as Tom Barnaby retired.
Endeavor is the newest one we've watched. It's not bad. Luthor is pretty dark but very good as are Touching Evil, Wire In The Blood. And Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is a real hoot. Same for New Tricks.
By far, we'd rather watch Brit mysteries than American ones, although Dexter is pretty good sometimes. CSI, NCIS, and a couple others are good for a laugh.

Last edited: