Amazon under fire for sexy burka costume

spaminator
Amazon under fire for sexy burka costume
Postmedia Network
First posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 11:49 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, October 06, 2016 01:24 PM EDT
Another Halloween, another inappropriate costume.
Amazon has been forced to remove a "sexy" burka costume sold in the United Kingdom after it prompted furious comments from people who called the costume “racist” and slammed it as "Islamophobic."
The "sexy Saudi burka Islamic costume" was advertised as being "made from a lovely soft stretch material" complete with a full-face veil, according to the Daily Mail.
One user left a one-star rating with the comment, "You are all disgusting racists. My culture is not your costume," according to the Daily Mail.
People are also upset over an "Arab" costume modeled by a white man with darkened faces.
After the backlash, Amazon released a statement to Metro UK saying, (external - login to view) “All Marketplace sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who don’t will be subject to action including potential removal of their account."
While this particular costume has been removed, other sexy burka costumes are still available on the site.
(Supplied photo)

Amazon under fire for sexy burka costume | World | News | Toronto Sun

taxslave
Fukkin thought police.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Brits are retarded.

As is evidenced by the fact they think that's a burqa.

EagleSmack
+2
And Amazon folded naturally.

Jinentonix
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Brits are retarded.

As is evidenced by the fact they think that's a burqa.

If the Brits are retarded for thinking that's a burqa, then the muzzies who whined about it must be incredibly f*cking retarded.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

If the Brits are retarded for thinking that's a burqa, then the muzzies who whined about it must be incredibly f*cking retarded.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Those Muzzies are probably Brits. And when one says "Brits are retarded," one is including all subsets of Brits within the set of Brits.

Welcome to Remedial Logic 001.

lone wolf
Islamophobic because of the outfit? Seriously ... some folk really need a dictionary....

mentalfloss

Those Muzzies are probably Brits. And when one says "Brits are retarded," one is including all subsets of Brits within the set of Brits.

Welcome to Remedial Logic 001.

Machjo
Muslims don't have a patent on the Burqa. This applies to the hijab too. I've heard of cases in France where Muslims object to a non-Muslim wearing a hijab.

IdRatherBeSkiing
So because somebody gave the item a 1 star rating they removed it? Wimps.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

So because somebody gave the item a 1 star rating they removed it? Wimps.

It was probably a safety concern. Amazon doesn't want anybody walking in and shooting up the place.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

It was probably a safety concern. Amazon doesn't want anybody walking in and shooting up the place.

Amazon is one of the few places that doesn't have to worry about that.

EagleSmack

Amazon is one of the few places that doesn't have to worry about that.

Now that they have folded you are probably right. All they want is submission... and Amazon submitted.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Now that they have folded you are probably right. All they want is submission... and Amazon submitted.

I mean Amazon is online only. Not much way to send a shooter over the internet.

EagleSmack

Tecumsehsbones

You think Amazon doesn't have physical facilities?

IdRatherBeSkiing

You think Amazon doesn't have physical facilities?

I was thinking of retail facilities not server rooms or office.

EagleSmack
No matter... Amazon has submitted and their many buildings and offices across the globe should be free of mass shootings or bombings.