Being lazy is a sign of high intelligence

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
New research seems to prove the theory that brainy people spend more time lazing around than their active counterparts.

Findings from a US-based study seem to support the idea that people with a high IQ get bored less easily, leading them to spend more time engaged in thought.

And active people may be more physical as they need to stimulate their minds with external activities, either to escape their thoughts or because they get bored quickly.

Researchers from the Florida Gulf Coast University gave a classic test – dating back three decades - to a group of students.

Research suggests being lazy is a sign of high intelligence | Health News | Lifestyle | The Independent

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
... or get someone who owes you to do it
or if its fun get him (or her) to pay you to do it

stay hard!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the biggest precursor to a heart attack, they have found recently, is lack of sleep

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The news keeps getting better........

'It is natural and normal to be physically lazy'

Daniel Lieberman, an expert in human evolutionary biology, posed in a 2015 paper, "Is Exercise Really Medicine? An Evolutionary Perspective," says that it's not our natural inclination to exercise for health alone.

"It is natural and normal to be physically lazy," he writes. "I predict that hunter-gatherers in the Kalahari or the Amazon are just as likely as 21st century Americans to instinctually avoid unnecessary exertion. Although a small percentage of people today exercise as a form of medicine, doing their prescribed dose, the vast majority of people today behave just as their ancestors by exercising only when it is fun (as a form of play) or when necessary."

Lieberman explains that our ancestors struggled to amass enough food to make up for the calories they burned tracking down that food. So they needed to conserve their energy when they could.

Cardinal, as well as Lieberman, think this idea that our penchant for rest is an evolutionary trait humans must fight continually may actually improve people's relationships with exercise. There is so much self and societal shame associated with not working out, that going to the gym, or for a run, can often feel like a chore. If they can stop berating themselves and accept that wanting to skip a workout is a completely normal human response, they might begin to untangle the negative associations with exercise.

"People are often made to feel bad [for not exercising] and I think that's just as pernicious and wrong and irresponsible as shaming people for being overweight," Lieberman said. It's not our fault that we are physically inactive, we live in a world that encourages that. They shouldn't be made to feel bad. We need help and we've created a world where we don't have to do it anymore."

Educating people on the health benefits of exercise and movement is not enough to override this basic instinct, he said.

'It is natural and normal to be physically lazy' - professor | Stuff.co.nz

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Get the lead out and get to work. All I wanna see are azzholes & elbows,,,move it move it MOVE IT!!!
Now we know how intelligent you actually are. Time to relax for a bit after all that hard work coming up with this post. Later, . . . .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They tell you that themselves?

Well, one is in a "gifted" high school program and the other has the heart of an assassin.

Domned good thing that that one is lazy or it'll be ....thwack! ... poisoned blow dart, one morning.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Now we know how intelligent you actually are. Time to relax for a bit after all that hard work coming up with this post. Later, . . . .
Nothin wrong with hard work megalooneytunes. After a hard day of loading 100 pound sacks of silica sand onto pallets from inside a rail car as a kid, in 100 plus degree temps we'd get off work and stop at the brewery across the street for an icy cold one. Then go home, take a nice shower and you felt great. Tired but great, rest for awile then go out for a few hours , have some fun and then go home and sleep good. Get up early the next mornin, rested, refreshed and ready to hit it again. ...Worked hard all my life. nothin wrong with it dummy. And I'd match my intelligence with yours any day you lazy slug. Now take your pills, get back to your couch and stfu sir. :).

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Nothin wrong with hard work megalooneytunes. After a hard day of loading 100 pound sacks of silica sand onto pallets from inside a rail car as a kid, in 100 plus degree temps we'd get off work and stop at the brewery across the street for an icy cold one. Then go home, take a nice shower and you felt great. Tired but great, rest for awile then go out for a few hours , have some fun and then go home and sleep good. Get up early the next mornin, rested, refreshed and ready to hit it again. ...Worked hard all my life. nothin wrong with it dummy. And I'd match my intelligence with yours any day you lazy slug. Now take your pills, get back to your couch and stfu sir. :).
you sound stupid. a bourgeoisie's dream.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
you sound stupid. a bourgeoisie's dream.
How many times are you going to use that same ole rhetoric. Are you passing it off as your own ideology? Why not come up with something original and stop plageurizing shyt you read off the net. Elstwise we'll all have to assume you just another embicile spouting someone elses ideas on the net. Dummy.