Historic New York mansion only US$105,000, but may be haunted

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Historic New York mansion only US$105,000, but may be haunted
Postmedia Network
First posted: Friday, June 05, 2015 09:47 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, June 05, 2015 10:07 AM EDT
A Queen Anne-style mansion in upstate New York could be yours for just US$105,000, but you may want to Google Street View the massive manor beforehand.
The image appears to show three sets of white handprints on the third-floor windows of the nearly 5,000-sq.-ft. Camden, N.Y., abode built in 1880.
Aside from the potential for paranormal visitors, the just-listed mansion features stained glass, hardwood floors, with a circular tower, the online listing says.
The property also appears on the U.S. interior department's national register of historic places, according to a plaque on the side of the home.
A Queen Anne-style mansion in upstate New York could be yours for just US$105,000, but you may want to Google Street View the massive manor beforehand. The image appears to show three sets of white handprints on the third-floor windows of the nearly 5,000 sq. ft. Camden, N.Y., abode built in 1880. (Postmedia Network/Google)

http://google.com/maps/@43.336169,-...1e1!3m2!1sUKBIXIOgm12T39zTfGyeJg!2e0?hl=en-CA
Historic New York mansion only US$105,000, but may be haunted | World | News | T

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
there may be zombies in the basement
and the way the house is built may certainly contribute to unknown occurrences due to air flow and like it or not...certain types of energy lingers...

I personally would not want to be bothered dealing with it for any price

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Too much fluff for my taste. Reminds me of an early American house we remodeled several years ago. All the doors, windows, trim and cabinets to look like something designed a hundred years or so ago.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Too much fluff for my taste. Reminds me of an early American house we remodeled several years ago. All the doors, windows, trim and cabinets to look like something designed a hundred years or so ago.
yes I don't like it either...friends just restored the "tin ceiling" in their kitchen and had all the cupboards ripped out and new one's installed that look original...it's a beautiful home but I prefer the modern look

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
yes I don't like it either...friends just restored the "tin ceiling" in their kitchen and had all the cupboards ripped out and new one's installed that look original...it's a beautiful home but I prefer the modern look
Never saw the attraction in the stamped tin. This house had that too with the huge crown moulding as well. The Lady loved it though and she wrote the checks so that's all that matters.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I use to like the large door and window trim with the plinth blocks and rosettes. Now, just a small clean trim with little if any detail with a clean miter joint looks better to me.