UFOs sighted in south Alberta sky: Report

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
UFOs sighted in south Alberta sky: Report
Sheena Read, QMI AGENCY
First posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 08:19 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, March 20, 2014 08:31 PM EDT
NANTON, Alta. -- People in this southern Alberta town area are looking up at the skies more this week after UFO sightings on Sunday night.
Sam Martine, who lives 5 km west of Nanton, said two bright lights appeared in the sky about 11 p.m. above their neighbour’s house a short distance away.
“The first light was about as big as a large yard light — that is what I thought it was at first — but very bright white,” said Martine, who was in her house when the lights first appeared.
The second light was higher than the first, and the two lights sat in idle for about four or five minutes before moving upward.
That’s when Martine and her daughter, Baylie, went outside, and the lights came toward them, making no sound.
“Then you could see red light and blue light and could hear it,” Martine said. “It went over our house. The other light stayed still, then it started to move up — but not as high as the first light— and again went over our house.”
As it passed over there was one wide blue light and the other side had a red light as it passed to the northwest.
Martine tried to take photographs of the objects.
“I could take pics of the sky but when I would aim at the lights flying, my camera would not work. Even my flash would make a weird noise,” Martine said. “Finally out the back of our place I finally got the camera to work,” but only got two photos.
“I knew something was really weird when my camera would not work," she said. "When I tried with the flash on it would make a buzzing sound.
“Baylie tried on her phone but the screen went all green,” she says.
The next morning, Martine found that their cattle had run through the fence and were all standing on the northwest hill. All cattle were accounted for.
The last time there were reported UFO sightings in the Nanton area was in the late 1970s, when cattle mutilations were reported throughout the area.
Peter Davenport, director for the National UFO Reporting Center in Washington state, said Martine's account fits with many descriptions of UFOs reported to his centre.
“UFOs are the second most researched subject on the Internet,” Davenport said.
Davenport says that Martine’s description fits. Witnesses often have problems taking photos of the objects, and there seems to be electromagnetic interference involved.
sheena.read@sunmedia.ca
Twitter @NantonNews
Sam Martine photographed an unidentified flying object near her home west of Nanton March 16, 2014.

UFOs sighted in south Alberta sky: Report | Weird | News | Toronto Sun