More UFO sightings? Apparently the skies were alive in 2013

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Winnipeg Sun
First posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:27 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 01:39 PM EDT
The number of UFO sightings remains sky high, according to a study by a Canadian research organization based in Winnipeg.
The group released its analysis of more than 1,100 reports of UFOs in 2013 on Tuesday.
Among its findings were: There were 1,180 UFO sightings reported in Canada in 2013, or about three each day; The number of cases in 2013 is the second-highest number of UFO sightings recorded in Canada during the last 25 years; The 1,180 UFO cases reported in 2013 is much less than the peak year of 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded. This was likely an anomaly due to many people who were excited about the so-called “end of the world” in 2012 according to the Mayan Calendar, and reporting many lights and objects as UFOs; In 2013, Ontario had more than 40% of all Canadian UFO reports; In 2013, about 14% of all UFO reports were classified as unexplained; The typical UFO sighting in 2013 lasted approximately 13 minutes; and results of this study show that many people continue to report unusual objects in the sky, and some of these objects do not have obvious explanations.
Many witnesses are pilots, police and other individuals with reasonably good observing capabilities and good judgement.
The report gives several theories on why the number or sightings remains high.
They include: “More UFOs are present and physically observable by witnesses; more secret or classified military exercises and overflights are occurring over populated areas; more people are unaware of the nature of conventional or natural objects in the sky; more people are taking the time to observe their surroundings; more people are able to report their sightings with easier access to the Internet and portable technology; or even that the downturn in the economy is leading to an increased desire by some people to look skyward for assistance.
The group stated in its release that the overall trend of increasing yearly numbers of UFO reports suggests a need for further examination of the phenomenon by social, medical and/or physical scientists.
The study can be accessed at: The Canadian UFO Survey.
More UFO sightings? Apparently the skies were alive in 2013 | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

grissyboy

Nov 22, 2013
Winnipeg Sun
First posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:27 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 01:39 PM EDT
The number of UFO sightings remains sky high, according to a study by a Canadian research organization based in Winnipeg.
The group released its analysis of more than 1,100 reports of UFOs in 2013 on Tuesday.
Among its findings were: There were 1,180 UFO sightings reported in Canada in 2013, or about three each day; The number of cases in 2013 is the second-highest number of UFO sightings recorded in Canada during the last 25 years; The 1,180 UFO cases reported in 2013 is much less than the peak year of 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded. This was likely an anomaly due to many people who were excited about the so-called “end of the world” in 2012 according to the Mayan Calendar, and reporting many lights and objects as UFOs; In 2013, Ontario had more than 40% of all Canadian UFO reports; In 2013, about 14% of all UFO reports were classified as unexplained; The typical UFO sighting in 2013 lasted approximately 13 minutes; and results of this study show that many people continue to report unusual objects in the sky, and some of these objects do not have obvious explanations.
Many witnesses are pilots, police and other individuals with reasonably good observing capabilities and good judgement.
The report gives several theories on why the number or sightings remains high.
They include: “More UFOs are present and physically observable by witnesses; more secret or classified military exercises and overflights are occurring over populated areas; more people are unaware of the nature of conventional or natural objects in the sky; more people are taking the time to observe their surroundings; more people are able to report their sightings with easier access to the Internet and portable technology; or even that the downturn in the economy is leading to an increased desire by some people to look skyward for assistance.
The group stated in its release that the overall trend of increasing yearly numbers of UFO reports suggests a need for further examination of the phenomenon by social, medical and/or physical scientists.
The study can be accessed at: The Canadian UFO Survey.
More UFO sightings? Apparently the skies were alive in 2013 | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
Earth to UFO believers - Earth to UFO believers. They do not exist. Why would some dude hop in his UFO, maybe even bring the family, drive for years and years and a couple days, put around the friendly skies of Earth (oh yah mediayptes, there is only one sky) and not stop in for a visit. Huh! Do earthlings plan a vacation and then not stop when they get there? Huh! Give you head a shake. No darn way.
C'mon. If you did the same as the UFO dude, wouldn't you & maybe the family if they are along, at least stop in for tea. Huh!
Well shiver me timbers. Hark, Hark. I doth see a light shining in the skies (oops, forgot, there is only one sky).
Martha, Martha .... come quick to yonder window and gaze upon the light in the skies. Gotta be a UFO Martha.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have never seen anything and I never want to see anything.

Bizarre things exist I don't want to know about them, it's too hard to reconcile.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
U.S Mars Rover...

Vrooom! Vrooooom!

U.K Beagle 2...

SPLAT!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
U.S Mars Rover...

Vrooom! Vrooooom!

U.K Beagle 2...

SPLAT!

How many US Mars Rovers have failed?

It's one thing to act cocky when you are about to win an argument, but another when you're about to lose one.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If you don't provide a number as to how many US Mars Rovers have failed, I will. I think it's approximately half of all Mars missions have failed. You won't be cocky for much longer.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
UFOs do exist. People see them all the time.

Not all the time - just once for about a half hour (going by the difference in time between my car clock and my wristwatch - and the 15 minutes I was late for work) Maybe they wanted me to go to Mars ... but I didn't leave the car.

I never reported it. Some folk believe you're not fit to be on the job if you're seeing things like that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not all the time - just once for about a half hour (going by the difference in time between my car clock and my wristwatch - and the 15 minutes I was late for work)

I never reported it. Some folk believe you're not fit to be on the job if you're seeing things like that.

People see UFOs all the time. They exist. There are thousands of sightings around the world every year.

And even you yourself have admitted you saw a UFO.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Not all the time - just once for about a half hour (going by the difference in time between my car clock and my wristwatch - and the 15 minutes I was late for work) Maybe they wanted me to go to Mars ... but I didn't leave the car.

8O gezuz, see that's why I don't want to experience anything even remotely close to UFO sightings