Rig workers face wage rollbacks

Jsan

Nominee Member
Apr 6, 2007
What happened to the good old days where any unskilled shmoe from across Canada could come to Alberta and get payed well for just showing up with a pulse. This is what happens when the Alberta Booms go Bust, and they always eventually go Bust. My friends construction trade Union says that there are now more unemployed in their union than employed. It has not been like this for years. Again, unfortunately Alberta cannot control their Booms and have long term sustained growth. Instead they let the thing go ballistic and than the bottom falls out and everyone feels the pain. Very typical.

"The head of one of Canada's largest drillers expects a significant wage rollback for rig workers amid a slump in oilpatch activity."

Rig workers face wage rollbacks

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know a guy who worked in Fort Mac several years ago and said it was the biggest "F.T.D." operation he'd ever seen, said they worked on average about 2 hours during an 8-10 hour shift. No actually I've heard it from two or three guys. So in a way I'm glad.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If we can just undercut the kids in China and India the economy will pick right up.

I think these low life workers should live in tar paper shacks too. Houses are too good for scum like that. What the hell are they thinking? The uneducated have no right to high wages. Such wages should be paid to the educated class; those poor souls who slaved away on their butts in university nursing hangovers and spreading STDs. God knows they're ten times smarter so they should get ten times as much.