Fierce wind in Alberta

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey Guys,
Ya those winders were crazy, my house made noises that I had never heard it make before when some of the gusts came, thought the whole house might just blow away! Seems to have past Lloydminster now thank goodness!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Ya that was pretty windy - but not the worst I've seen. There were some signs blown over, a few tree branches lying around, not too bad though.

The weirdest part of yesterday was the errmm..... snow ..... if you can call it that. It looked like little bits of styrofoam flying around... very odd.

But yep, haven't heard about any kidlets or small critters being blown away so looks like we're all good.

Sunny and gorgeous today!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A friend's son was nearly hit by a falling tree, and their trampoline jumped up and attacked their truck. But, other than that, most of the people I know got off pretty easy in that wind. I tell you though, sitting on an overpass in wind like that,waiting for a light to change, is a nerve wracking experience. It just doesn't feel like concrete should sway.

Mulk

The other white liquid
Oct 24, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
two nights in a row the wind woke me up because it was rattling the house. I had to put earplugs in just to get some sleep. At my old house we had 100 foot trees and with wind like that I would imagine that they wouldn't last. Thankfully no damage to our place, I've just got some garbage to pick up now.