Whats needed to work in alberta?

daviduk

Sep 2, 2007
eng
Will someone help me out in what i need to do before i can come to canada to work for a yr or 2.I went to work in australia for 13months and i had to have a visa medical checks and stuff.Has anyone had to get visas?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
the easiest way is to marry a Canadian. That's how I did it.

Otherwise you need to visit THIS website. It'll probably involve some money, a medical, and some intensive form-filling. And a lot of waiting too, although it's quicker from the UK than from most other countries.

good luck

daviduk

Sep 2, 2007
eng
Thanks ive sent emails to the embassy to see what i need to do failing that i will get myself on a singles website seeking an old rich woman;-)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Thanks ive sent emails to the embassy to see what i need to do failing that i will get myself on a singles website seeking an old rich woman;-)

I definitely recommend you go the Cougar route, supply them with some carnal activities and you are bank rolled for life, true story.

freeriderin

Aug 28, 2007
Austria
the easiest way is to marry a Canadian. That's how I did it.
good luck

so then, where are the nice canadian men? :lol:
I plan to come to Canada next year - but I already get my visa without marrying a Canadian - but it's just valid for one year - so this could be my "emergency plan" lol

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
Will someone help me out in what i need to do before i can come to canada to work for a yr or 2.I went to work in australia for 13months and i had to have a visa medical checks and stuff.Has anyone had to get visas?

Australian requirements are a bit more strict than Canadian. Go to the government of Canada website.
http://www.goingtocanada.gc.ca/Going_To_Canada-en.htm

Should be some useful stuff on here for you.

Good luck but personally stay in Australia. Much better weather down here than back home!

daviduk

Sep 2, 2007
eng
so then, where are the nice canadian men? :lol:
I plan to come to Canada next year - but I already get my visa without marrying a Canadian - but it's just valid for one year - so this could be my "emergency plan" lol

which forms did you fill for your visa.How long did it take to do from start to finish ? sorry for being nosey.Im going to get mine sorted this weekend and get on the plane xmas time wooo cant wait.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
christmas time might be a little over-optimistic. Having said that, you can spend up to a certain time over here as a visitor and get the immigration come through later.

All the information you need is on the website I gave you. It takes a bit of trawling through, but it's there.

daviduk

Sep 2, 2007
eng
thanks thats helped loads.Ive got all my forms now just need to talk someone in to giving me a job and filling in a form for me:-? Anyone know any electricians;-)