Moving from "Toronto" to Calgary

zerboxx

Jul 17, 2006
Hello everyone, I'm sure you get these questions a lot, but here's another:
I am planning on moving to Calgary sometime next summer, likely in June.
My main question is where 'you' would recommend as good places to move to, though here are the details I think are important (if there's anything else that could make things easier, just ask!):
- It would be myself and my gf (though by then she'll hopefully be my wife :D )
- As of June '07, she will be 23, and I will be 21
- We are and will both be student (she will be going to UofC, and I will be going to a school out in Cochrane (roughly 30 minutes NW of Calgary)
- We'd like to find somewhere not too expensive (since we're both students), and near enough to simple 'during school' jobs
- It is likely that we will have 1 car, though if job opportunities don't work out, there will be no car

Thanks for all your help! And if I can give any more information that could help, just let me know and I will add it

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
I've never been to Alberta, so I can't suggest any good places to live. Although, I've heard that the jails in Alberta are quite nice. :lol: At least that's what I've heard about my stay in an Alberta jail a couple of years ago. :lol:

That doesn't make sense does it?

How could I have spent time in an Alberta jail, if I've never been to Alberta? It just boggles the mind!

But that's exactly what happens when you criticize a company like Blackburn Radio Incorporated. They create a world of fantasy, and try to pass it off as reality. What a bunch of morons!

Anyway, I apologize for the little tangent, and I wish you and your fiance the best of luck in Calgary! :D

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
Simpleton said:
It just boggles the mind!

But that's exactly what happens when you criticize a company like Blackburn Radio Incorporated. They create a world of fantasy, and try to pass it off as reality. What a bunch of morons!

Well put Simpleton... it does boggle the mind.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
Alberta can be OK. Calgary however is the antipode of civilisation. What you will find there is arrogant money grubbing haters of people who tan beutifully and naturally ---if you plan to succeed--and draw attention the cops will plant evidence on you tanned or not--if you come from the east---of canada that is they will abduct you and force you to eat poorly cooked burgers and drink tepid beer untill you break. God speed to you!