Jason Kenney Thinks Gay Students Should Be Outed

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
k.d. lang Asks Him If He’s Gay. Kenney won't answer......

On Tuesday, Jason Kenney told the editorial board of Postmedia’s Calgary papers that he believes parents should be informed when their child joins a gay-straight alliance at school, unless there is “evidence that the parents are abusive.” The former Stephen Harper cabinet minister and new leader of Alberta’s Progressive Conservative party appeared to not contemplate the idea that such harm could come as a result of outing.

In response, Edmonton-born k.d. lang asked: "Your Gay aren't you"?

It is not the first time the question has been posed to the former minister of immigration, who was once asked by Xtra‘s Andrea Houston (my own partner) in the context of a 2012 interview on his government’s problematic views on queer refugees:
AH: Are you gay or straight?

JK: I’m sorry, I learned a long time ago, I don’t answer personal questions from journalists.
He has so far also declined to respond to a personal question from an iconic lesbian musician.

http://www.canadalandshow.com/kd-lang-asks-jason-kenney-if-hes-gay/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
sounds like the guy would like a handy list of fresh young victims he can share with some priests

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Parents want to know what their kids are up to in school.,

Seems reasonable for a caring parent.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

The solution is to force schools to notify parents? Should we implement a lunch report, where every day the schools are legally required to report to all parents what every kid in school eats?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The solution is to force schools to notify parents? Should we implement a lunch report, where every day the schools are legally required to report to all parents what every kid in school eats?

I think you have lost it, go take your meds, eh

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Can you explain your reasoning for thinking that schools should be required to report to the parents about what clubs or groups the kids join?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Why is it K.D. Lang's business where Jason parks his Johnson every night?"

I wonder if there's any room in K.D.'s garage for my Austin Mini! ;)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This is the best the left wing has. I couldn't give a crap about Gay Straight Alliances, but the Notley supporters will ramp up anything that even hints of intolerance (as far reaching as it is) because they are finished in the next election. The election promise of scrapping of the carbon tax alone will mean the end for the NDP.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
At my kids' schools, what's on the menu is whatever you bring with you.

And notice that you're referring to what's on the menu, whereas I'm referring to what kids eat.

This is the best the left wing has. I couldn't give a crap about Gay Straight Alliances, but the Notley supporters will ramp up anything that even hints of intolerance (as far reaching as it is) because they are finished in the next election. The election promise of scrapping of the carbon tax alone will mean the end for the NDP.

This is the best the right wing has, telling parents they should be notified about what their kids do in high school.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
At my kids' schools, what's on the menu is whatever you bring with you.

And notice that you're referring to what's on the menu, whereas I'm referring to what kids eat.

Our kid's schools sent a menu home each week so we knew what the school was feeding our kids. They either bought lunch there or we made lunch for them to bring.

I wanted to know what groups and clubs they belonged to as well what they were doing after school.

This is the best the right wing has, telling parents they should be notified about what their kids do in high school.

TP... I am shocked that you think that Alt-Left parents have no interest in what their children are doing in school.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Hardly, this is just a loaded question by a member of the press and an quite frankly pretty softball. Your saying that it is the best he has, is tantamount to the media asking Kenney what he thinks of the rapper Drake's music and claiming he's a racist if says he finds it objectionable.
Policies (you know, real government issues) on the economy. spending, BS carbon taxes and spending like a drunken sailor take a backseat something as silly as gay straight alliances, which he also said he has no intention of visiting the NDP bill in the first place.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan

I would argue that reasonable and caring parents already know what their kids are up to in school... because reasonable and caring fosters good communication.
My daughter told me when she was first sure of her attraction towards girls... and she has invited me to attend meetings of her GayStraight alliance.
Also, it's a gay and straight alliance... meaning membership does not imply you are gay or straight, and contrary to rt wing belief.... gay won't rub off on a straight person

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think parents should be informed confidentially so they can hold some type of intervention.. and provide their children some behavioural and religious therapy.. as they would with drug abuse. It could save their children from a short life of misery, illness and dissolution.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Remember in the states when the teachers were watching the kids at home in their bedrooms on the school supplied laptops:
...and didn't tell the parents?
:(
"If you can't do, teach!" they say
Though I am not so sure that's what they meant when they said that