60% of Albertans will get a full rebate for carbon tax

bobnoorduyn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

There's no hopefully about it. Like Trump in the US, she was a product of voter apathy. She has zero chance in the next election.

I wouldn't bet the farm on anything right now, Trump is untested so we'll see about him, but as yet there is no cohesive single opposition to Nutley, the same thing kept Chretien in power long after his best before date.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

I know. I live in Wynnetario.........

And I should add I haven't heard of where the monies going, unlike Albertans....

It's going to do wonderous, marvellous things and that 3¢/litre tax is going to save the planet!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

I wouldn't bet the farm on anything right now, Trump is untested so we'll see about him, but as yet there is no cohesive single opposition to Nutley, the same thing kept Chretien in power long after his best before date.

Many people that voted Dipper did so as a protest vote. They wanted to send a message to the conservatives and regretted it the minute the election of the Dippers was called. They're done. They can't possibly gain any support and will definitely lose

tay
I realize this is all based on income but, a couple with no kids = 300. a couple with 4 kids = 420? Should it not go, a couple with 1 kid =450, 2 kids = 600, 3 kids = 750, 4 kids = $700.00.

Or are they 'punishing' people for having kids who will use up more carbon resources.......?

Carbon tax rebates start flowing into Alberta bank accounts

Single adults earning below $47,500 will receive a $200 rebate in 2017. That amount decreases as incomes rise — people earning $51,250 or more will receive no rebate.

For families, including couples with no children, the rebate starts at $300 and can go as high as $420 for a couple with four kids or a single parent with five kids.

Families with combined net incomes below $95,000 qualify for the full amount, dropping to zero as household incomes reach $100,000 for a couple, $101,500 for a couple with two kids and $103,000 for a couple with four kids.

The rebate will come in multiple payments throughout the year, and the more you get, the more payments there will be.
  • $400 or more delivered in four payments in January, April, July and October.
  • $200-$399 delivered in two payments in January and July.
  • $100-$199 delivered in one payment in January.
A government spokesman says those who were laid off last year will get their first payment in July if they file their taxes this spring.

Carbon tax rebates start flowing into Alberta bank accounts - Calgary - CBC News

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

I realize this is all based on income but, a couple with no kids = 300. a couple with 4 kids = 420? Should it not go, a couple with 1 kid =450, 2 kids = 600, 3 kids = 750, 4 kids = $700.00.

Perhaps they are looking at it as if having a kid doesn't require a new vehicle as they are just passengers and 4 passengers isn't much different that 1.

The 60% number points to Alberta not being the land of milk and honey if most of the population is below a certain income and that income isn't all that high.