Alberta NDP to "invest" $500M in oil industry they've destroyed.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Alberta NDP to "invest" $500M in oil industry they've destroyed.

So in the past nine months the Alberta NDP has destroyed nearly 100,000 jobs in the province’s oil and gas industry and related sectors like construction, car and truck sales, even airlines, restaurants and hotels.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gDkLYyQbM

That's in a province of 4.2 million people. Employment Insurance claims are up more than 100%.

But you know what Ronald Reagan said about how government thinks: If it moves, tax it. If it still moves, regulate it. When it stops moving, subsidize it.

So yesterday, the same Alberta NDP announced that it would spend $500 million tax dollars “investing” in... the oil industry!

That’s NDP math:

Kill the private sector goose that lays billion dollar eggs.

Then take some taxpayer money and "invest" it in "new petrochemical facilities" -- like the ones Alberta already has.

And remember: Notley hasn't even brought in her carbon tax yet...

(PS: WATCH and I'll tell you who Notley picked to run this "investment" scheme...)

NEXT: Joel Pollak from Breitbart.com and I talk about whether or not Donald Trump can recover from his Iowa loss, and what Hillary's close win really means.

THEN: TheRebel.media's own Brian Lilley is leading the charge against Kathleen Wynne: the scandal, the lies, and the waste.

As part of our FireWynne.ca campaign, we just put up a huge, crowdfunded billboard in Toronto, thanks to our generous viewers.

(Tune in to find out where the next billboard is going...)

FINALLY: Your letters to me, positive or not! I give out my contact information at the end of every show, and of course, you can also leave your reactions in the comments below.

Thanks for watching!

JOIN TheRebel.media FREE for more fearless news and commentary you won’t find anywhere else.

Deleted emails. Cancelled gas plants. Bribery and more:
Ontario's Liberal premier Kathleen Wynne has got to go!
SIGN THE PETITION at FireWynne.ca

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So the NDP did this? Just how did that happen? Do you mean to tell me the
mere mention of a tax and the companies would it out on working people?
No the NDP wanted to return to the same tax level as Peter Lougheed to set
a new heritage fund into reality.
See years ago the fund was healthy but successive Tory Governments raided
it from time to time for funds.
International oil prices are the problem and many of these stellar companies
import cheaper oil especially into eastern Canada and bring on ships owned by
some of them.
I think the people should look to four decades of arrogant rule by the Conservatives
and the oil companies that have received billions and billions of dollars in write offs.
Perhaps if the companies are not willing to drill their licenses should be lifted and
reissued to companies other than the ones who are now trying to hold Alberta citizens
to financial ransom, as suggested.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Notleys bankrupting the Saudis, Russians, Venezuelans? I AM impressed. She should share some of that wicked mojo with Mulcair so that he can re-take Oshawa, someday.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Funny, you never attack Flossy who posts based on Title alone, particularly with his Trudeau love fest.

You must be part of his Liberal circle jerk crowd.

No you brain dead fukk. I just applied logic and couldn't imagine a government could destroy an industry in six months. Maybe the fall of oil prices is a factor. You think? No you don't. You are a right wing rage junky.
I am not surprised by you idiocy though.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's called a Capital Strike...

“Capital strike”: Alberta loses $20B in capital investment after NDP budget, Trudeau election

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MbXbB-CFpo

No you brain dead fukk. I just applied logic and couldn't imagine a government could destroy an industry in six months. Maybe the fall of oil prices is a factor. You think? No you don't. You are a right wing rage junky.

Oh yeah defending the dippers.. LOL :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A capital strike the companies would never admit to that for sure
it proves they are disloyal to their employees and the province let
alone the country. The backlash from that would destroy the whole
thing by their own hand.
Commodity prices have collapsed around the world and the NDP has
said it won't impose new taxes for some time yet
A capital strike, if that were the case governments should take the
whole industry over and re-lease to responsible people. That has not
happened because the rest of the world knows what a few do not it is
a world wide problem and Alberta is a small piece of the action

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
A capital strike the companies would never admit to that for sure
it proves they are disloyal to their employees and the province let
alone the country. The backlash from that would destroy the whole
thing by their own hand.
Commodity prices have collapsed around the world and the NDP has
said it won't impose new taxes for some time yet
A capital strike, if that were the case governments should take the
whole industry over and re-lease to responsible people. That has not
happened because the rest of the world knows what a few do not it is
a world wide problem and Alberta is a small piece of the action

They have already taken their money to China and Venezuela.. no NDP Royalties and Cap & Trade in those countries..

Welcome to the Global economy.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They have already taken their money to China and Venezuela.. no NDP Royalties and Cap & Trade in those countries..

Welcome to the Global economy.

What NDP royalties? You mean the ones the Conservatives brought in and the NDP left alone?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They would be a lot further ahead in the short and long term by investing it in hemp production and processing.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Now that is an interesting take on the recent economic downtown in Alberta. Are we perhaps forgetting the fact that one of the biggest factors in the Alberta election, leading to the defeat of the Progressive Conservatives, was the clear evidence of an economic collapse developing under Progressive Conservative stewardship? The New Democrats inherited a mess from the PCs; it is going to take more than a first six months in office to clean it up.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Wasn't that (promoted) as being in support of sanctions against Russia originally?