Calgary house prices drop 6% in October while sales plummet 33%

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

October saw the largest decline in housing prices so far this year, according to the latest data from the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB).

The average sale price for the month came in at $457,513 — down 6.1 per cent from October 2014.

In September, the average sale price was $457,658, down six per cent, year-over-year.

While median sale prices were flat in September, they did drop in October, falling 2.6 per cent to $419,000.

And the total number of home sales continues to be significantly lower than in 2014, with just 1,421 transactions in October. That's down 33.3 per cent.

Homes sold in October had been on the market for an average of 41 days, according to CREB data, up from 37 days in October 2014.

There were 5,572 active listings in October, up 20 per cent from the 4,643 listings in October 2014.

"Persistent weakness in the overall economy continued to impact housing demand in Calgary as October sales were nearly 16 per cent below long-term averages," CREB chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie said in a release.

"In addition, new listings did not decline enough to prevent inventory gains and, ultimately, price contractions."

Source: Calgary house prices drop 6% in October while sales plummet 33% - Calgary - CBC News

Another Year under Notley and it will be a buyers market.. save your money. ;)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Really? Fu ck me! I just can't understand why that would be happening. It makes no sense what so ever. Things are booming here. Oil at an all time high, more jobs than people, it just doesn't make sense.

:roll:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
and yet, you use "dyke" as a derogatory term. I would say you are lying, and you have a hate on for LGBT's. I will bet you were pi$$ed when SSM was allowed in Canada.
Disappointed, not peed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

October saw the largest decline in housing prices so far this year, according to the latest data from the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB).

The average sale price for the month came in at $457,513 — down 6.1 per cent from October 2014.

Another Year under Notley and it will be a buyers market.. save your money. ;)

Houses have been way over priced for 40 years. Why should it take two professionals working full time to qualify for a mortgage?