“People’s Republic of Albertastan” T- shirts are for sale online

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
EDMONTON — T-shirts emblazoned with oil drops and “the People’s Republic of Albertastan” are for sale online.

Their creator, graphic designer Laura Lynn Johnston from Edmonton, made a mock-up of the design Wednesday night after the comment by Justice Minister Peter MacKay made the social media rounds, in reference to the NDP sweep in the Alberta election. “It’s Albertastan now,” he said Wednesday following a grim post-mortem with the PC caucus.

‘People’s Republic of Albertastan’ T-shirts on sale after justice minister’s comments | National Post

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
EDMONTON — T-shirts emblazoned with oil drops and “the People’s Republic of Albertastan” are for sale online.

Their creator, graphic designer Laura Lynn Johnston from Edmonton, made a mock-up of the design Wednesday night after the comment by Justice Minister Peter MacKay made the social media rounds, in reference to the NDP sweep in the Alberta election. “It’s Albertastan now,” he said Wednesday following a grim post-mortem with the PC caucus.
What a bunch of whiners. Maybe I'll go up to Alberta and set up a shop selling fainting couches.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I was listening to a business group on CBC and here is there outlook
Locusts did not appear on the horizon and the trees in the forest did
not rot.
Notley is going to raise corporate taxes back to where Ralph Kline had
them at 12% no big deal. They both said the people of Alberta voted for
this.
They have to find 6 billion dollars the Tories put the province in debt.
Some will say the oil price fell. Excuse me, who is supposed to be looking
at the future?
Poor planning and entitlement got the Tories in trouble and they have no one
to blame but themselves. Wildrose is not a political party its a movement.
The NDP has been a movement for fifty years and now they have become a
political party with a wider view of the world and the country. Idealism is
one thing reality is another and the NDP has finally got it.
I like some of the policy all parties have and I express a likng for the idealism
of political movements but until they become an actual party I would be very
reserved before voting for one. People are starting to understand even folks
like me, the NDP is no longer scary and they might and I stress might be an
alternative to what we have on a broader scale. Barring some unforseen
problem I am leaning their way for this fall's election. I don't care for Trudeau
and in my view Harper is dismantling Canada economically.
The current Tories are leftovers from the old Reform movement which in my
view hijacked the Conservative Party and I don't feel welcome in that crowd.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Notley raising the corp taxes is a meaningless endeavor on her part relative to raising more cash from the E&P companies; what with the low commodity price, there will be very low profits (if any) available to tax.

It's the royalty increase (read: 'fair share') that will drive a ton of investment, resources and activity to SK.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Lou Arab (CUPE) is married to Rachel Notley (NDP). But there's no link between the Dippers and unions. LOL

Rachel Notley (HIPPIE) is anti-pipeline, and pro-carbon tax.. but she is going to work with Big Oil??

Quebecers must be sick, who is going to pay them to remain in Canada.. LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ddIyLVzRI

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The NDP form or have previously formed governments in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and in the Yukon Territory. And, federally, the NDP hold the majority of seats in Quebec.

"Whatcha gonna do when they come for you, bad boys, bad boys?"

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
What a bunch of whiners. Maybe I'll go up to Alberta and set up a shop selling fainting couches.

The above is a portrait of the late ME Winge, the patron of the Brotherhood of Prairie Patriots for a Conservative Canada. The symbol of the Brotherhood is (PC)^2.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Notley to Legalize Pot to Balance Alberta Books

(SNN) Newly elected premier-elect, Rachel Notley, is planning to make up the $7 Billion shortfall in provincial revenues by legalizing and taxing marijuana. She says ‘happy hay’ should be available in provincial liquor stores by Canada Day, which will provincially be changed to Cannabis Day.

Notley to Legalize Pot to Balance Alberta Books The Sage News - SNN

Great Albertans can't drive worth sh*t, now they will all be high while doing it.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Leader Brian Jean:

“What do you expect from a commie, heathen, born again hippie like my honourable colleague, Ms. Notley?” wondered Wildrose Leader Brian Jean at her announcement. “Thank God she didn’t mention this in the election or we would have been wiped off the electoral map, too.”

LOL :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Resources are Provincial assets. If you want in, move here.

Yeah, that's what it's supposed to be.... Equalization payments change that metric pretty fast though

The NDP form or have previously formed governments in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and in the Yukon Territory. And, federally, the NDP hold the majority of seats in Quebec.

Quite a rogue's gallery of provinces that are heavily in debt, Sk and Ab notwithstanding.

"Whatcha gonna do when they come for you, bad boys, bad boys?"

"Bad debt, bad debt.. Whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do when they stop funding you?"

(Greece ring any bells?)